Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tip for Bead Journal Work!

Hello all...
So, I wrote on my Blog that I had some issues the last week or so concerning pain and my working on my January BJP... I have since pretty much recovered and am back to work...Yea!
Now... I have discovered a little ditty that some of you may or may not already know.  I am putting down some of the next color/area of beads that I want to do, and before I actually start sewing on the beads, I just place them where I think I want them and take a photo with my IPhone, then email it to myself on my computer to get a BIGGER picture...te he..I made a funny!!  ;-)
Anyway, this is working out very well for me.   I sure wish I'd know about it earlier because I have pulled out a few different areas where I just could not stand the colors when I finished!
I will post a photo of what I mean on my Blog.
I think I should be finished with my January piece next week, so I can get going on February right away.  I am just loving this experience!
Thank you Robin for such a wonderful gift to all of us out there who are happily beading away every day!

Until later...
Debi W. (Wirthbeading)


4 comments:

Double Infinity said...

What i do is go through ALL my beads :) and pull out those in the color scheme i wish to use. As i work and get tired of whatever it is i'm doing, i can simply pick up a pre-selected color-coordinated bead and put it on my piece to see if i like it. Kind of low tech, but along the same lines as what you're doing, which I couldn't do since my phone is not photo-capable!!!

bbdyevr said...

DI,
Yes, I also take out all color related beads to see what I might choose to use, but actually putting the beads on the piece...well, I realized after a few "pull-outs", that this spreading out of the loose beads right on the piece to be really sure, is saving me time.
If you have any type of camera that you can load on to your computer, that would work too...
Thanks for reading my blog...
Happy Beading!

Holly B said...

Although I work like Double Infinity does I like your idea. It's also probably good practice for taking the final pictures for posting!

bbdyevr said...

Hey Holly,
Good thinking about the practice for final pics!
Thanks for dropping by!