Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New to BJP

But avidly following all the posts and blogs when I have time. I have started my project and will post photos once I figure out how to do that. I am just getting back into beading after years of inactivity. I love Robin's books! Thanks for letting a newbie play.

Oh, I am beading on denim pockets from jeans. Should be a fun experience! I plan to make little purses/bags from them when I am finished. I also started a blog but it doesn't have much on it yet so will post that when I get pics up and running.

kat

8 comments:

Beady Zoo said...

Welcome, Kat. I'm also a newbie to BJP. Beading on jeans pockets sounds like fun! I just started saving pockets for mini-bags. Will look forward to seeing your pieces.
--
Kathy B

Robin said...

Hi and welcome, Kat!!! Beading on eans pockets and making little purses/bags with is a way-fun idea!!!! Thanks for starting a blog too... I look forward to visiting when you're ready to give us the URL!

Robin A.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Looking forward to the results.

Unknown said...

Hi, Kat! Can't wait to see your blog. Love the idea of beading on jeans pockets.... hmmm, might have to start looking around for some pockets to start saving for projects! I bet they turn out cute!!

Sara said...

I'm looking forward to your pieces, too. Might have to "borrow" the idea from you!

The Beaded Life said...

wowie! Great idea! I might steal it for next year. Look forward to to seeing your pieces. Lisa

Jennifer Baker said...

cool idea!! I once did a jean quilt out of old jeans and used some pockets...i did not even think of beading them...looking forward to future posts from you!!

bubbygigi said...

I love your idea of using jean pockets for mini bags. I can't wait to see them. Gita