Sunday, January 3, 2010

Introduction

Hi Everyone
I'm Angela from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.  I have a blog where I will post pictures of my bead journal pages.
You won't find a lot of beading on my blog just yet though.  I have done some beading on my crazy quilts and I love to include beads in my paper arts.  I think I spend more time working with the paper arts because it works up faster than fabric/fibre art. 
I joined the BJP in hopes that it will force me to work more with my fabric/fibres.  Although it is likely that I will incorporate paper into this project as well.
This is the first time that I have participated in this project.  I am totally inspired by what I have seen of others work in past years.  I really hope that I can develop my own voice through this.  I better get stitching!

3 comments:

Timaree said...

Welcome Angela. Stretching your work in a new direction is a good thing even if you find you prefer your paper. It helps to define what you like or don't like.

Robin said...

Hi and welcome, Angela!!! I'm very pleased to have so many CQers and art quilters with us this year. It will add a wonderful new dynamic to the BJP!

Robin A.

Unknown said...

Hi Angela! I don't have a lot of experience with CQ, but I did make CQ cat a while ago. I thought it would be hard, but I really enjoyed it and the cat turned out great even though I didn't put stitching on the seams.

I have seen a few beaded pieces on paper or cardstock (maybe?) that really intrigued me. I'm new to the mixed media idea of things and am finding it interesting to play with. Tucking all kinds of ideas away to try playing with and working with/on paper is another I've added since reading your blog :)