Saturday, January 9, 2010

Intro and contributor list

Hi all, my name is Andrea Adams. I participated in the 2007-2008 BJP, and it was a great experience for me ...  several years prior to that, my beadwork had somehow slipped to a back burner of my life. I knew that I missed it - maybe even needed it on some level - but I could never seem to make time for it. That said, my beaded journal became a powerful tool for reconnecting with my craft. By making a commitment to bead regularly and without judgment, I began to remember how vital my creativity - and particularly my beadwork practice - is to my growth,  sanity and well being.

I signed up for the 2008-2009 BJP, but the timing ended up being challenging. The project started in fall, which is typically an extremely busy (read: crazy!) time  for me since I'm a mask-maker.  I also returned to school for the first time in 20 years ... annndd like so many other Americans, my partner lost his job and we found ourselves struggling and juggling to get by. It was probably mid-spring before our life settled down and I was able to admit to myself that there was no way that I could "catch up on" or complete my journal pages without totally stressing myself out. Stress is counter to what this project means for me, so I decided let it go.

Things have balanced out over the last year, and I feel like I have the time and energy to commit to this again. I have some general ideas for themes that I want to explore, but I'm also open to seeing where it takes me. I can be a bit of a hermit, but I do enjoy seeing and reading about other BJP-er's process. I'm going to try to post more than I have in the past, but no promises there ;) You're welcome to keep up with my on my whimsically updated blog as well.

Best wishes to all for a creative and enjoyable year ahead
~Andrea

PS. May I please be included on the contributor's list too?

4 comments:

Robin said...

Ooooh, Andrea, I am so very glad you're back with us again this year!!! I missed you last year and your posts and all the creative energy you exude. Welcome back!!!!

Hugs, Robin A.

abeadlady said...

Welcome back Andrea. You were missed.

Unknown said...

So glad you decided to continue on this year, I've loved looking at your work. I've always loved masks and used to collect them, yours are just amazing.

Drea said...

Thanks all, for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it :)