Monday, January 25, 2010

January's done - the PERFECT choice - Double Infinity

I finished my January button and am quite pleased with the results. I did have to ask Robin just how she gets the backs on those half-dome buttons. It seems i should have done a running stitch to gather the fabric before i put the back on. As with my last year project, i'm sure things will get easier as i go along!

I am really happy with the format i choose. I wanted something i could hold in my hand, with dimension, that could be encrusted and that i could finish quickly! WHY? Because I have so many other projects just waiting to done, as well as a big house to clean and 20 pounds to lose :)

I already started February last night and can't wait to get back to it SOMETIME today!

No blog - YET... - but i'll post it on FLICKR so you can take a peek if you'd like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/4303408491/in/pool-871696@N21


OR - simply CLICK on the FLICKR logo on the left hand side of this blog page, under the IMPORTANT BJP LINKS, and you will go there directly - hope this helps get you there!!

FYI: as previously mentioned I am using size 100 - about 2 1/2, half-dome dritz buttons. They were the largest size i was able to locate when deciding on a form for my project this year :)

6 comments:

Crazy Mama said...

wow! i am sooo surprised at what you can do with a button! it's really beautiful!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Could you please post the picture on this blog? Either that or add an active link for the flicker page. I couldn't get yours to work when I copied and pasted it.

Thanks!

Marty S said...

It is beautiful. What is the size of the button?
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Will these be used as button embellishments on clothing, or displayed somehow? Or maybe you just want to hold them? Ahhhhhh...that sounds good too.

Robin said...

Wonderful!!! Full of wonder at all you can do with a button. Size 100 is just the right size, isn't it!


To Anne Marie ~ We're not posting pictures of our BJP pieces on this blog until after April 1. Maybe she could email it to you????

Robin A.

Carol Creech said...

This is beautiful! I love the idea of doing a button - never would have thought of that. I really enjoyed how much you were able to put on it- love the bird!
Carol