Friday, January 29, 2010

January is finished!

After a lot of thinking and planning, I decided to go with two of my loves, clothes and beads. I combined these two areas and will hopefully make some type of beaded outfit for one of my American Girl Dolls and write a short story to accompany the outfit each month. My doll's name is Samantha and she lives and works in Washington, D.C. She was invited by her boss to a Chinese New Year's Party and chose to wear this outfit.
The top is made of brocade and trimmed in silk charmuse and the pants are made of the silk fabric to match the trim. I beaded the belt with crystals and #11 seed beads to coordinate with the brocade fabric. I'd love for you to check out my blog, http://bubbygigi.blogspot.com and comment on this project or any others on my site. Thank you all.

1 comment:

Holly B said...

What a lovely doll! The fabric for the top is beautiful and the bead color is a perfect match.