Thursday, January 7, 2010


Hi everyone! I'm a new participant and I'm very excited about the bjp process. I took a button class from Robin, which I enjoyed immensely. But I took home more than a finished project; I took to heart her words of encouragement for exploring yourself and experiences through the medium of beads. I have considered myself a good crafter but didn't think of myself as an artist. I was too wrapped up in perfectionism to let go and create from the right brain. So here I am. I've decided to go with the 1 1/4" button and explore with color and texture. I also like to incorporate found objects into my work if I can. Here's my first bjp project: Winter Blues, made with various 11's & 15's, plus beach glass.

3 comments:

Beady Zoo said...

Beth, your Winter Blues button is beautiful! I'd love to know how you got such a great photo of it. I've taken about 30 photos of a beaded button, but can't seem to get a clear one. Great start!
--
Kathy B

Robin said...

Yes, Beth, please do tell how you did this photo!!! Thanks

Robin A.

Miri Agassi said...

Beautiful work. I love the colors. I can feel winter's blues...